Sunday, May 16, 2010

Faith and Friendship

Photobucket


This week on Fellowship Sundays, I want to welcome Jhona, who will be sharing her heart with us this morning!! I know that no matter where God takes their family, she has a friend in me!!

cute bug 026

                         Faith and Friendship


This week I’ve been reflecting a lot on friendship. On Wednesday night my daughter came running to me. She was sobbing! You know, the kind of sobbing, hiccuping and talking that only another female can understand? She had been left out of something and it really hurt her feelings. As time went on and I could finish my translation, I learned that this has been going on for a long time. She finally couldn’t take it anymore. She wanted to go home. She was pulling me towards the door. She refused to go into the classroom(we were at Wednesday night church activities). I held her until she calmed down and took her with me to my class. Halfway through the class she decided to draw a heart-breaking picture of the events.

She drew three smiling girls on one side of the paper and three sad girls on the other side. I have worked hard to teach my children that everyone plays together or no one plays at all. This is a house rule for us. She didn’t understand this drama and the pain it caused. It was new to her! I held her for a long time because I know that pain. We’ve all experienced it at one time or another. The truth is: girls can be really mean to each other. I tried to point out that at least the three standing together with sad faces all had each other. That was no comfort to her.

In exactly 40 days, we will be moving. My husband is in the Army and we are embarking on our next adventure. I have to say “see you later” to some of my dearest friends. We have been blessed to live here for six and a half years. This is a really long time in Army years! I have been slowly pulling my roots up because it would hurt too much to yank. I am terrified of having to make new friends. I am terrified to make all the required changes. New house, new culture, new streets, new church…but mostly it’s the friends. I threw a mini-tantrum the other day and when I heard myself I could hardly believe it. I said: I don’t want to make new friends!! I don’t want to be the new girl again. My husband was very sweet. He said I would always have at least two best friends. Him and our Heavenly Father.

He didn’t think too much of what he said. I took it straight into my heart and have held onto it like my little girl holds onto her Big Bear. How could I forget?! I have had a little song that I learned as a child in my mind for days. I’m sure most of you know it:

Cares Chorus(I Cast All My Cares Upon You)
By Kelly Willard

I cast all my cares upon You.
I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet.
And anytime that I don’t know what to do
I will cast all my cares upon You.

The words of that chorus have brought me such comfort in the last few days. My faith and hope in Jesus Christ has sustained me through many, many days. I am often alone and taking care of our children. I am often faced with chaotic and unexpected circumstances. I have moved before and lived to tell about it. The truth is: Girls can be really, really nice to each other. My dear friends have been there for me when my husband physically couldn’t be. My dear friends have prayed with me through those chaotic times. My dear friends will be there through out my life. Do you know who placed them there? My Heavenly Father. He knows my worries before I utter them. He knows who and what I need and I am sure He has been preparing the way all along. It is no accident that we are moving where we’re moving. “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord. “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

If you have a dear girlfriend, I would encourage you to let her know what she means to you this week! I am certainly going to treasure these last few weeks with my girlfriends and know that the best times are ahead of me!

With Joy in Jesus,

Jhona O.Faith


Thank you Jhona for being so open and honest with us, I know many will be praying for you in your upcoming move. Please visit Jhona's blog, (We wierdos need to stick together) this week!!

0 comments: