Monday, May 31, 2010

Freedom

happy memorial day “And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me and I'll proudly stand next to him to defend her still today, 'cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, god bless the USA.” -Lee Greenwood
memorial day pic2

solier
 True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. Arthur Ashe
                     A Soldiers Call
Sitting a half a second between life and death,  Sweat pouring from their faces, fly’s buzzing around their eyes, sand and debris obstructing the view of movement within their watch perimeter. An unseen foe ever present. This is the life of our soldiers at war.  Are they ever scared, lonely, tired, emotionally spent?
Have I thanked them?  Have I  truly  appreciated the blessings of freedom for which they fought and continue to fight for? Have I explained to my children the great sacrifice made by men and women in this great country? Reflecting on the meaning of freedom I once again realize that Understood the co  

“And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.”  — Joseph Drake
american-flag-inkoutlines

0 comments: