Friday, June 18, 2010

My Fairytale Proposal

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NIV
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!


Girls have often dreamed of their wedding day.  Marriage on the forefront of their minds from a very small age. Prince Charming sweeping them off of their feet and living happily –ever-after!!

Prayer Tower                     ("Castle" in Pennsylvania)

View in back of castle                   (view in back of Castle)

My Prince Charming and I met on Sept. 24th 1996 and were married on May 31st 1997. I will never forget the day we met. He was quiet, confident and completely adorable. I was late and had trouble focusing. He was a good bible student On time,focused and attentive. All I heard the teacher say was,  "wha wha wha!" Perfect match right from the start!!

I had recently become a Christian and truly believed God would bring me my husband. Within the first couple of weeks of school I was convinced God had picked my “Prince Charming”. My Prince Charming however did not seem to notice me or my beautiful personality!! Geesh.  So I began praying that God would be the one to develop the relationship. I prayed and prayed. 4 weeks later God had answered numerous prayers and we officially became a couple on Nov. 18th 1996 . Dec. 3rd  1996 our class took a trip to a beautiful "Castle" in Pennsylvania for a retreat. There was one whole wing for the girls and another whole wing for the boys!!
Front side of castle-1

The dawn of Dec.5th I awoke feeling there was no need to “date” when I knew in my heart this precious man I met should be my betrothed. God immediately spoke to my heart with that still small voice (not a voice you can hear but a knowing in your spirit) God said your “prince charming” is not asking you to marry him because he does not have an engagement ring. I prayed and asked God to share with him that a ring was of no importance to me. 

A few hours later during a reprieve in our work and studies my future husband led me to a prayer tower way up high at the top of the castle where he knelt on one knee and said, “will you do me the honor of sharing your life with me and becoming my wife?” My husband later told me that God spoke to his heart in the early morning hours and told him I did not need an engagement ring. 

13yrs. later I still do not own an engagement ring but I have been living happily-ever after with my Prince Charming.

0 comments: