Friday, June 25, 2010

Playtime

Over at Kelly's Korner today is "Show us Your Kid Activities!!"


jlvn725l

I love kids!!
Hands down I adore my little people.

I love Kid activities!!
I have a room filled (I am talking filled) with activities for you and your little one!!

The problem is- I tend to get hung up on the concept of putting the kids and the activities together!!
12 little  messy hands, oodles and oodles of supplies-We all know each kid has to make their own.
6 little bodies that become too tired after the tremendous amount of playing to be able to help clean up. I have overwhelmed myself just thinking about it!!
I am outright terrified sometimes at the mere thought of kid activities!! (I should have prefaced with the fact that my activities are outside of the box. Ever hear the word flour and 3yr. old in the same sentence?)
On a cool kid/mommy day we have lots of great things we like to do.
One is playing in flour at the kitchen table (no need to even ask-it is messy!!!!)

*Supplies
  • Flour
  • Toy Cars
  • Your imagination
  • mom’s measuring cups

A really great project for kids of all ages is to make lanterns- perfect for many occasions throughout the year.  We have used our lanterns for the 4th of July and Christmas Caroling.

*Supplies
  • Mason Jar (1 per kid)
  • Drill
  • Rope or Heavy Yarn
  • colored or plain tea light (it can't be proven that the police ever told us to extinguish the open flame on the parade route!)
  • tissue paper (to decorate mason jar)
One of our favorite food activities is to make popcorn balls. Yummy!!

*Supplies
  • popcorn
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 bag of marshmallows
Pop your popcorn, melt butter and marshmallows together, then pour over popcorn stir and make into several balls. let cool and enjoy!!



Join me over at Kelly's Korner today for Show us Your Kid Activities!!

rmo0336l

0 comments: