I am joing Rebecca over at The Blessings of Modern Domestication
Looking at Motherhood Together:
1. What is one thing you wish someone had told you about being a mom?
That it goes way to quickly, that while the minutes seem long the years are but a breathe.
2. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve experienced as a mother?
Locking my kiddos in the car with the air on and having to have both the police department and the fire department come and try and break in my car. (Of course I had anti-theft locks)
3. What's been your lowest point?
When I am too tired to be nice and I say something that is unkind. (You can never pull a word back in)
4. What's been the most rewarding?
Seeing my children have a heart for the Lord.
5. Describe a mommy moment that transformed you so much so, you will never forget it nor are you the same since?
When my 5th baby was born he almost died from meconium aspiration, it was so emotionally draining to sit and watch your helpless newborn struggle for life, while knowing the outcome could have been disasterous!! (He is a precious 2yr. old today, my Little Comedian)
6. Are you more relaxed or paranoid since becoming a mother?
Umm let's see, since having my 6th I would probably be considered reckless by some 1st time moms. I have learned to let a lot of things go, simply because I do not have enough hands and to many of my kids are boys!!
7. Did you plan on becoming a mother or were you taken by surprise?
We planned it. I have always wanted a surprise but we have not had one yet. Yes all 6 were planned on purpose.
8. Were [or are] you close with your mom?
I love my mom, she is precious.
9. What family tradition do you want to pass down?
Christian roots and family time.
10. If you could start over, what would you do differently?
Hmm, everything!! I would not let them watch as much tv, I would read to my middle kids more, and I would try and be more patient with their impulsivity.
Thanks Rebecca for allowing me to join in.