Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Tribute to Moms

Photobucket



   Mother's Day is the perfect day to spend with
    Ashley Bray from the Bray Bunch.







Oh my goodness, how honored I was when SLP asked me to be a guest blogger on Fellowship Sunday. She told me I would be posting on the 2nd Sunday in May and write about anything family, kid, or God related – everything sounded great. Then I realized this past week I would be writing on Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day – in my book a great holiday – but oh the pressure, oh well, I’m great under pressure – RIGHT??? So here it goes. I had all these topics I thought about but I could not pass it up.


                                  Mothers it is!!!!!

What a great honor God gave women to be Mothers of His Children, not to say fathers are not important but this IS Mother’s Day. A mother is chosen by God to nurture, love, teach, guide, and shelter a child.

Throughout the bible we are guided in our roles as Mothers –

These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6: 6-7

Remember the day you stood before the LORD your God at Horeb, when he said to me, “Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children.” Deuteronomy 4:10

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children. Titus 2:4

A woman becomes a mother through birth or by heart, we love and nurture our children all our lives.

We sleep with one ear alert and one eye open ready to comfort a crying baby, we change multitudes of diapers, we are the taxi cabs and chauffeurs, we are doctors, therapists, counselors, THE consoler, teachers, providers, friends, maids, drill sergeants, clothes washer, stain killer, clothes mender, fashion designer, boo-boo kisser, treat dispenser, lollypop giver, chief chef and bottle washer: to name a few of our duties. That is only for the kids, that does not include the spouse who lovingly made us a mother. So when all is disparaging, remember the pitter pat of little feet that greet you when you come home, little giggles from innocents minds, hugs from pure hearts, kisses from sweet lips, love of unconditional souls because they can. They are what makes you a Mother, but most of all the fact that you do all of these things makes you a Great Mother! Not only a parent but a mother that is doing what God has always intended, not what the world says you could be doing instead. Godspeed dear mothers and go enjoy being pampered by your family.

Ashley, thank you for sharing with us today.

Please stop by her blog to enjoy the remarkable stories of her family.


Are you participating in Fellowship Sunday? Put your link here.

0 comments: