Thursday, May 13, 2010

Keys Please

(The beauty of “spacing” children many years apart lies in the fact that parents have time to learn the mistakes that were made with the older ones—which permits them to make exactly the opposite mistakes with the younger ones.
Sydney J Harris )





I have been told by the neighbors that the only name heard from our house is the Little Instigator’s, and it is always accompanied by his middle name!!



 This guy thought it would be a good idea to take the 2yr. old to the van with him to fetch a toy!!

 Said 2yr. old! (Mr. I follow)














  Our gigantic van. If any of you know where this is going you know it is not sounding good!!…..

My Little Instigator got what he needed from the van and left the Little Comedian inside with the keys!! He (2yr. old) locked it from the inside.

We only have 1 set of keys (other set went missing 1 week after we purchased the vehicle). I started to panic, pointing to the unlock button, drawing a big U on paper for him to see so he could “press” the U and be free from his self-imposed prison. To no avail of course. I only got, “Mommy look, an airplane, see the airplane, Mommy?" 

I am thankful for my neighbor who assisted me in ultimately freeing him from his stint in the family van!!  It was quite the picture watching her trying to bribe him to open the door for an already half eaten sucker!! I guess you have to work with what you have. 

I am thankful my child is out of the van and back in the house - that the whole experience is behind us!!


0 comments: